Quality & Experience
Unmatched home health care services
Occupational Therapist - Immediately Availability
Health Force is a well-established, Joint Commission Accredited, National Home Health Care Agency. We have been delivering unmatched home healthcare services to Southwest Florida for over 25 years and need to expand our team of talented Occupational Therapists to assist with at-home patients. Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life? Play a key role in a patient’s life when they need you the most by joining our team of healthcare professionals. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages (see below). We have full-time and part-time home care assignments to meet your individual needs.
Join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals by applying today.
Occupational Therapist Responsibilities
- Assisting the physician in evaluating level of function and developing a plan of care for the patient, as indicated. Developing and revising the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members.
- Conducting initial and ongoing assessments to determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Provides Occupational Therapy services as prescribed by a physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner, acting within their scope of practice, which can be safely provided in the home and assisting the physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Providing therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as applicable.
- Observing and recording activities and findings in the clinical record and report to the physician, physician assistant, or advanced registered nurse practitioner the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition, or when there are deviations from the plan of care.
- Instructing the patient and caregiver in care and use of physical therapy devices.
- Advising and consulting with family and other agency personnel as applicable. Instructs the caregiver on the patient’s total therapy program.
- Preparing clinical and progress notes.
- Abiding by agency policy at all times.
- Evaluating outcomes of care.
- Planning for a patient’s discharge.
- Abides by the agency’s infection control policies, including proper handwashing tech-niques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Assesses and manages patients who have pain.
- Adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
- Copy of Professional License
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Current Automobile Insurance
- Valid Drivers License
- CPR Certification
- Continuing Education/Training Certificates as required by the Department of Health to maintain your professional license (such as OSHA, Domestic Violence, etc.)
- Physical/TB Screening results within previous twelve months, or chest x-ray results
- Level 2 Criminal Background Screening
- Pre-employment drug screening
Health Force participates in E-Verify. Health Force is a Drug-Free Workplace. Health Force is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination.
- Some of the benefits of working at Health Force include:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible scheduling
- Free in-house training
- Employee referral program
- Weekly pay
- $750 sign-on bonus
Thank you for your interest in working for Health Force. Please enter your information and answer all of the questions. You will also be able to upload a full resume at the end of the form.
Complete Our Comprehensive Employment Form
Remember to specify the position you are interested in